How in the world do you get into a romantic relationship with all this physical distancing? Are you feeling isolated? Well, you’re not alone if that’s the case. And it’s important to know that. Or maybe you have good friendships online and otherwise but the romance leaves something to be desired.
Alicia and I have been supporting a lot of couples and singles through the transition into this new world. And I’m gonna tell you how singles can create a thriving romantic life, even in this challenging situation. I’m not saying it’s easy. There’s a lot of folks out there who will tell you that some magic bullet is going to fix everything. That’s not true. But there is hope and there’s a lot you can do about it and you can create a thriving romantic relationship regardless of the circumstances!
Even in the best of times, something as challenging as finding, creating, and thriving in romantic relationship is not necessarily easy. People are taught to believe that arguably the most rewarding and potentially the most challenging thing in life, creating what we call in an Eternal Date with someone, would be easy or just happen by itself. And when it doesn’t happen easily people feel reluctant or resigned and wonder if they should just give up on finding love. That would be a mistake! Don’t do that. Instead, take action!
“Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative and creation, there is one elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too.
All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favour all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance which no man could have dreamed would have come his way.
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now.”
― William Hutchison Murray
Now let’s get to what to do specifically:
1. Start meeting a lot of people online. And I mean A LOT. Through your friends on Facebook, Facebook groups, Instagram, events and courses online, and any other way you can get in touch with people.
2. Direct message them something short and interesting that is relevant to them (about something they posted or said at an event, for example).
3, Some will respond. Most may not, that is fine!
4. Engage back-and-forth with this direct messaging, gradually escalating the interactions romantically with people that you’re interested in.
5. SOME will respond. You have to remember that dating is always a bit of a numbers game and starting online is that much more of a numbers game. People who don’t respond or just busy or in a relationship, but it’s unlikely that it is personal to you.
6. DON’T persist with people who don’t respond.
7. This gentle back-and-forth with people who do respond, we are not mashing them with tons of messages and not disappearing either, can gradually be escalated through some DM choice conversation topics.
8. Keep it relatively light bright fun and positive because this is appropriate to the stage of getting to know somebody, it’s not being superficial, it’s just more appealing.
9. So the next stage is virtual coffee or drink dates. The key here is to make your virtual “room” look amazing. And start with really engaging short virtual coffee or drink dates.
10. Gradually increase the length, depth and flirtatiousness of these dates BASED ON THEIR APPETITE!
11. People will drop off. Remember that’s normal and don’t take it personally. That’s why you start and continue to reach out to A LOT of people.
12. Eventually, you can transition the dates to spending time together physically, perhaps at a distance at first. And from there, the relationship moves forward in more standard ways.
13. We’re happy to support you with that. Just contact Alicia for a Love Life insight session to get things moving!
The point is to take action in this new world. Those who adapt will not only succeed but they’ll be the most successful! Once you get the swing of it, we found that the singles we support have been more successful than they’ve ever been! You just have to be willing to do something newly and differently. This is the key to having a great life, growing and developing throughout the whole span of life. And the key to having a great relationship is to find somebody else that wants to grow and develop romantically.
DM us to set up a Love Life Insight session and get our eyes on your specific situation.